harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Love the fact that that you've got an Open Source JVM - but it should build with make, not ant
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 18:03:02 GMT
Hello Eric,

Harmony VM may be built by means of gcc which in turn allows
cross-platform compilation. This means that you can build the first
JVM snapshot using a supported platform, transfer the binary to a
platform of your choice, and then continue development there.

In other words, it is a common hatching practice to get chicken from
eggs by means of a hen. But in our case a hen can be replaced with a
penguin.

Thanks.

--
With best regards,