harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [archive] Re: jar and zip optimizations
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 13:14:48 GMT
Tim,
I still a question about Vladimir's patch - it just does not work in
my configuration, and I cannot figure out why. This JIRA remained as
the only questionable point in zip/jar staff, the rest of cleanup was
merged in a cumulative patch at [1].

Generally, Vladimir's optimization looks correct for me. From the
other side, while looking into the crash reason I have noticed that
the code caches recently used entries, so I want to check a
performance benefit reported by Vladimir myself to understand why this
caching is not effective. It makes sense to check with zlib
optimizations enabled.

Honestly, I need to catch up with another portion of development [2]
before returning to Vladimir's patch.

Thanks.

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-4569,
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Startup_Performance#CDS