harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivan Popov" <ivan.g.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jdktools][build] Which is more recommendable build approach for jdwp?
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 14:03:32 GMT
First approach is preferred, because it is aligned with the jdktools
build structure. You can use "ant -Dbuild.module=jpda build-native" if
you want to build only JDWP code (as a native part of JPDA module).
For running JDWP unit tests you can use similar command "ant
-Dbuild.module=jpda test".

Second approach uses internal targets which require proper
configuration from top-level build scripts.

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 3:08 PM, Sean Qiu <sean.xx.qiu@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have found that we have two approaches to build jdwp.
>  1. Through federated build, this will call the make to build jdwp modules.
>   a) cd <jdktools>
>   b) ant fetch-depends
>   c) ant
>  2. Through jpda module's make directory , this approach will call cc
>  directly to build jdwp module.
>   a) cd <jdktools>\modules\jpda\make
>   b) ant build.jdwp.agent
>       ant build.jdwp.transport
>  The first approach works fine, but it seems it does not supply any
>  test target.(Am i missing something?)
>  The second approach seems a little outdated,  since the directory
>  structure is different from current status and it demands some
>  modifications to work. It contains a target to run the junit test.
>  I guess the second is the original script before jdktools are included
>  in federated build. So we should just using the first one?
>  Best Regards
>  --
>  Sean, Xiao Xia Qiu
>  China Software Development Lab, IBM