harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Yuri Kashnikoff" <yuri.kashnik...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][gc] How to iterate MOS?
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 04:30:18 GMT
Xiao-Feng,

>  Yuri, simply copying gc_gen_iterate_heap()  doesn't work, because the
>  heap state could be transient during collection. Especially for the
>  second insertion, it is in the middle of a transition from a minor
>  collection to a major collection, so the objects' states are not
>  consistent.
>
>  Does your original code without mutator iteration work for you to
>  iterate live objects in MOS?
Yes. I found the place where objects' states are consistent. And it works well.
Thank you for your answers, they helped me a lot.

I would like to find a place where all objects in MOS are marked as
live/dead, but before
compactisation. May such state be produced by playing with
num_marking_collectors ?
Or is there any appropriate method to produce such state (for further
MOS iteration)?

--
Yuri S. Kashnikov
Novosibirsk State University, Russia