harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject [drlvm][gc] switch the default GC minor collection to semi-space algorithm
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 14:23:42 GMT
Hello, since the semi-space algortithm recently developed in Harmony
GC has obviously better performance than the current partial-forward
algorithm when they are used for minor collection, I plan to switch
the default minor collection to semi-space algorithm. The results in
my runs have no new failures with classlib unit tests, drlvm tests and
reg tests, compared to current default GC on Linux/Win 32/64-bit
platforms. Although I have strong confidence that the failure cases
should be minimum, I still expect there be some regressions with other
untested test cases. I hope the semispace GC to be the default in next
milestone build. Please forgive me if the switch causes some
unexpected failures, and GC people will try best to fix the failures
ASAP.

Please let me know if anybody has objections. If no objections, I will
make the switch in 12 hours. Thanks for your supports.

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--
http://xiao-feng.blogspot.com