harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Write a graphical front-end for Harmony memory management
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 01:19:16 GMT
Ian, thanks for the info. TuningFork is an interesting project, I will
look into it.

For the Harmony visualization tool, the original idea actually is
straightforward:
1. help the users/developers to observe/understand the memory
management behavior. This is the Output interface.
2. let the users/developers to specify/configure the garbage
collectors for expected behavior. This is the Input interface.

For this GSoC project, it's probably enough to have the bullet 1
achieved, and GCspy is a very good reference. Well the wish for bullet
1 is to make it self-contained within Harmony as a plugin of Eclipse
(i.e., least dependent on external software but Eclipse related).

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--
http://xiao-feng.blogspot.com