harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm]how to write garbage collection algorithm into the vm
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 11:35:17 GMT
Lyon, the link Alexei gave is a very good reference for a GC newcomer.
At the same time, you can also study the GC implementation under
gc_gen/, which is designed to be modular so that a new algorithm can
be easily ( well, depends on who says :-) developed and integrated.
The common entry is gc_alloc() function that tells how a new object is
allocated, and gc_reclaim_heap() that is the entry for a garbage
collection.

It would be good if you can tell us what algorithm you are going to
develop, then probably we can give you some concrete suggestions.

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--
http://xiao-feng.blogspot.com