harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Qiu" <sean.xx....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jdktools][build] Which is more recommendable build approach for jdwp?
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 09:45:32 GMT
Hi, all

I can not run the test.
It seems the test target point to wrong deploy location.

>ant test

/hdk/working_jdktools/build.xml:242: The following error occurred
while executing this line:
/hdk/working_vm/build/deploy/jdk/jre not found.

<property name="external.drlvm.loc" value="../working_vm/build/deploy" />
Is it should be pointed to  ../working_vm/deploy"?

2008/3/5, Sean Qiu <sean.xx.qiu@gmail.com>:
> I have found that we have two approaches to build jdwp.
>  1. Through federated build, this will call the make to build jdwp modules.
>   a) cd <jdktools>
>   b) ant fetch-depends
>   c) ant
>  2. Through jpda module's make directory , this approach will call cc
>  directly to build jdwp module.
>   a) cd <jdktools>\modules\jpda\make
>   b) ant build.jdwp.agent
>       ant build.jdwp.transport
>  The first approach works fine, but it seems it does not supply any
>  test target.(Am i missing something?)
>  The second approach seems a little outdated,  since the directory
>  structure is different from current status and it demands some
>  modifications to work. It contains a target to run the junit test.
>  I guess the second is the original script before jdktools are included
>  in federated build. So we should just using the first one?
>  Best Regards
>  --
>  Sean, Xiao Xia Qiu
>  China Software Development Lab, IBM