harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Qiu" <sean.xx....@gmail.com>
Subject [jdktools][build] Which is more recommendable build approach for jdwp?
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 09:08:01 GMT
I have found that we have two approaches to build jdwp.

1. Through federated build, this will call the make to build jdwp modules.
 a) cd <jdktools>
 b) ant fetch-depends
 c) ant

2. Through jpda module's make directory , this approach will call cc
directly to build jdwp module.
  a) cd <jdktools>\modules\jpda\make
  b) ant build.jdwp.agent
      ant build.jdwp.transport

The first approach works fine, but it seems it does not supply any
test target.(Am i missing something?)

The second approach seems a little outdated,  since the directory
structure is different from current status and it demands some
modifications to work. It contains a target to run the junit test.

I guess the second is the original script before jdktools are included
in federated build. So we should just using the first one?

Best Regards

--
Sean, Xiao Xia Qiu
China Software Development Lab, IBM