harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Okonechnikov Konstantin" <okko73...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] GSoC 2008 Refactor Java Bytecode Translator
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2008 18:38:05 GMT
In addition to previous letter:
- I removed DoSimplify flag from IrBuilderFlags and all code connected to it
, but didn't removed simplifier yet.
First reason is that,there are some problems with removing simplification
     IRBuilder::genTauCheckNull(Opnd* opnd, bool &alwaysThrows)
     IRBuilder::genTauCheckZero(Opnd* opnd, bool &alwaysThrows)
     IRBuilder::simplifyTauCheckDivOpnds(Opnd* src1, Opnd* src2, bool
Well, I figured out that simply removing simplification here doesn't work
:) Continued investigating. Maybe it's time to open Muchnik's book...
And the other reason is Simplifier::PropogateCopy(). Again about it: what
does it do, why do we use it?
- About CSE: we should use [optimizer] HNV , right?
- How do we configure opt emconf? How to reorganize optimizer passes