harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Okonechnikov Konstantin" <okko73...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] GSoC 2008 Refactor Java Bytecode Translator
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2008 12:33:49 GMT
On 29 Mar 2008 15:11:14 +0300, Egor Pasko <egor.pasko@gmail.com> wrote:

> Another idea: if you prefer not to start from the IRBuilder
> refactoring, there is an alternative way. The task is to separate
> JavaLabelPrepass into two passes:
> 1. marking basic blocks
> 2. data flow analysis

Well, I have decided to start with IRBuilder. I suppose that developing the
translator will require much more time, and it will be better not to
interrupt this process. But if it is essentially to divide JavaLabelPrepass
at first, I could start with it.
And I have some more questions:
1) What for do we need LabelInst, what is
IRBuilder::currentLabel? Is it some kind of node index? (
IrBuilder::AppenInst uses it to get the node for appending instructions)
2) As I understood CSE is a part of optimization. Do we need to remove it?
If yes, IrBuilder::CSEHashTable serves only this purpose, doesn't it?
3) What for does Simplifier need to propgate source operands copies?

 Didn't find out yet how the translator interacts with IrBuilder, continue
working on this subject.

Best regards,
       Okonechnikov Konstantin.