harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Okonechnikov Konstantin" <okko73...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] GSoC 2008 Refactor Java Bytecode Translator
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 16:04:38 GMT
Well, there are some questions.
[IrBuilder]
  If we clean out simplification, it wont affect the functionality of
instructions, will it? (i.e.will OPT work without these simplifications?
I ve tried to clean some instructions, it seems everything is OK (HelloWorld
works) )
I 've written sort of plan. Check this out.
1) Clean up IRBuilder
  -remove Simplifier and its methods
2) Move all simplification to Optimizer stage
   (this is quite big task as I suppose, lots of instructions use
simplification. Not sure if we should create separate action for every
simplification....)
1 and 2 should be implemented concurrently
3) Develop the translator
    -  new PrePass (maybe from Jet?)
    - implement data analisys, parser etc...
Where am I mistaken? I will appreciate any additions and(or) corrections.