harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Senaka Fernando" <senaka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building Harmony on Ubuntu 7.10
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2008 17:51:00 GMT
On 29 Mar 2008 20:40:49 +0300, Egor Pasko <egor.pasko@gmail.com> wrote:

> On the 0x416 day of Apache Harmony Senaka Fernando wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Thanks to the valuable discussions on this list I was able to
> successfully
> > build Harmony on Ubuntu 7.10 in less than a day. Below are some of my
> > experiences.
> >
> > 1. Requirement of ant-optional
>
> is this one really necessary? I do not have it installed and see no
> problem on Ubuntu 6, did not try on 7-10 yet. What is the error
> message?

Yes, if not it lead to a build break. However, I had several other issues
that caused build breaks too, at the point at which I added this package. I
suspected that this is required because the error message changed after this
package was added.

I discovered that this package is required from [1].

[1] http://markmail.org/message/cijagz7kkmqjfke4

> > 2. Requirement of setting ANT_OPTS even on Ubuntu
> > 3. Xerces distribution at given download target is faulty
> > 4. Need to separately checkout log4cxx
> > 5. Need to install package libxtst-dev
>
> updated it on the website, in prerequisites, expect the update to take
> effect soon.

That's quite nice.

Regards,
Senaka