harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][gc] switch the default GC minor collection to semi-space algorithm
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2008 09:02:40 GMT
> Hello, since the semi-space algortithm recently developed in Harmony
> GC has obviously better performance than the current partial-forward
> algorithm when they are used for minor collection, I plan to switch
> the default minor collection to semi-space algorithm. The results in
> my runs have no new failures with classlib unit tests, drlvm tests and
> reg tests, compared to current default GC on Linux/Win 32/64-bit
> platforms. Although I have strong confidence that the failure cases
> should be minimum, I still expect there be some regressions with other
> untested test cases. I hope the semispace GC to be the default in next
> milestone build. Please forgive me if the switch causes some
> unexpected failures, and GC people will try best to fix the failures
> ASAP.

Hi Xiaofeng,

The current snapshot under testing is r639357. As I see you turned on
semispace algorithm at r639530. The difference between r639357 and
r639530 is only your update: "turn on semispace algorithm as the
default minor collection GC"

So we can build and test r639530 snapshot and compare with results for
r639357. That may help you to detect regressions caused by the update.

Thanks,
Stepan.