harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SSL connections and cacerts
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 06:09:19 GMT
On 3/19/08, Wim Vander Schelden <wim@fixnum.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since I didn't find a user mailing list, and the IRC channel is pretty
> much empty, I thought I'd ask here.
> I've been using Harmony for a while for my Java work at University, and
> I for my most recent assignment
> I was told to create a web application. Since harmony is conveniently
> packaged with Tomcat, I just couldn't
> resist using the bundle from the site.
>
> Everything works fine so far, but I need it to trust a few certificates
> to send mails. I'd like it to do this automatically,
> without me having to fiddle with KeyStores etc. From a quick web search
> I learned that replacing the cacerts file
> in the jre/lib/security/, but it doesn't seem to work.
>
> Any ideas as to what I can do to get around this issue?

Hi Win,

It sounds like you used cacerts file (RI's?) that is in JSK format.
This definitely doesn't work with Harmony because JKS is a Sun's
proprietary standard [1]. You should provide cacerts file in
PKCS12(IIRC) format. PKCS12 implemented in Bouncy Castle security
provider and used by Harmony.

[1] http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/security/CryptoSpec.html#KeyManagement
[2] http://www.bouncycastle.org

Thanks,