harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build-and-test] Thoughts about testing infra
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 08:16:22 GMT
On 3/5/08, Sean Qiu <sean.xx.qiu@gmail.com> wrote:
<SNIP>>
> > Harmony test suites can be used as stand alone suites to verify/test
> > different implementations ĘC in other words, the suites are not tightly
> > coupled with DRL VM, for example, it is possible to run them against
> > IBM VME (BTW, may it be makes sense to run full set of suites against
> > IBM VME for each milestone candidate as for DRL VM. Any volunteers?)
> >

> It sounds reasonable, in fact, i am going to plan the same thing.
> Maybe we can make our BTI a more flexible infrastrcture for more runtime.
> We can pick up a runtime before starting the BTI as well as the test
> suite, such as:
>
> drlvm+harmony -|               |- classlib unit test
> j9vm+harmony  -| --  BTI ----|- vm unit test

Sean,

With the current BTI it is possible to select runtime for running test
suite - all suites have a property to specify runtime to be testes.
IMO the only thing to be improved here is to unify a property name for
all suites.

Or do you mean that it should be possible to run a test suite by turns
on different VMs?

Thanks,
Stepan.