harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: general: error in build: missing release.properties
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 06:35:39 GMT
On 3/3/08, Alexey Varlamov <alexey.v.varlamov@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/3/2, Gregory Shimansky <gshimansky@apache.org>:
> > On 2 марта 2008 Francis ANDRE wrote:
> > > Done: HARMONY-5560
> > >
> > >  > Maybe as simple as setting that env var in our scripts when exec'ing
the
> > >  > svn command.
> > >
> > > Yes, it should work
> >
> > In fact I reported the same problem a while ago in HARMONY-5256 when I
> > resolved the bug with DRLVM working on localized Chinese winXP. The problem
> > is the same, federated build could not parse SVN root and revision. I wonder
> > if switching to "svn info --xml" would help. This would require quite modern
> > subversion client which supports --xml switch.
>
> Yes, I think --xml should help. I utilized it in common-resources
> infra, and seems it worked w/o complaints.
> "'svn info --xml " support was added since v1.3.0 (Dec 2005) [1],
> which is not too strict requirement I believe.

Another alternative would be using SvnAnt [1]. I haven't tried the
task yet but it looks promising: as I understood its docs. it should
help us to avoid exec-ing svn and parsing svn output.

Have anyone experience with it? Any feedback?

[1] http://subclipse.tigris.org/svnant.html

Thanks,
Stepan.

<SNIP>