harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Tharindu Mathew" <mcclou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: harmony-demo-1 for GSoC 2008
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2008 10:21:30 GMT
Hey I just want to say after toiling around the build for about 3 days I was
successfully able to build from the source. I had to manually download
files, soft link some libraries and had to be very patient to get it done
though.

I thank everyone who was patient enough to guide me through the build and
being tolerant of a newbie.

About ANT_OPTS="-Xthough.ms256m -Xmx512m". I noticed it, but its not
stressed as mandator, so I ignored it. And when that InvocationException
occured I thought it was a library problem. I would've expected a Heap out
of memory error. I had to consult you again when that occurred, if you
remember.

Also I had to run "ant fetch-depends" for common_resources to get log4cxx
from svn. It would be great if this also can be automated.

Thanks again to everyone who helped. I shall be on my way to run FreeCol
now.

--
Regards,

Tharindu