harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ilya Berezhniuk" <ilya.berezhn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r634547 [2/2] - in /harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/vm: em/src/ include/open/ interpreter/src/ jitrino/src/codegenerator/ia32/ jitrino/src/codegenerator/ipf/ jitrino/src/jet/ jitrino/src/shared/ jitrino/src/vm/ vmcore/build/ vmcore/src/c
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 22:29:57 GMT
Gregory,

Yes, Boolean is a synthetic type, but it's defined as 'unsigned'.
UDATA represents BOOLEAN type which is used in few places only for
HyThread compatibility.

I agree with some Alexei's thoughts: in pure C interface we can use
C-style return values, i.e. use 0 as success (for boolean result) and
0 for failure (when a pointer should be returned).

Thanks,
Ilya.