harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jimmy,Jing Lv" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JDKTools][JDWP] Shared memory transport (was: Let's start JDWP java6 updating)
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 10:59:10 GMT
Hi,

2008/3/13, Oliver Deakin <oliver.deakin@googlemail.com>:
> Hi Jimmy/Alexei,
>
>  Im starting to look at implementing shared memory transport for jdwp.
>  It's very early days at the moment, but I have been able to open the
>  shared memory space (created by the RI running as server) and read some
>  data from it. I have also been able to mirror this behaviour, with
>  Harmony running in server mode. I will start to check in some changes
>  soon, initially for the build system to start building dt_shmem.dll on
>  Windows. After that I will start checking in some of my code and add
>  some changes to the jpda test setup so it can run the tests in shared
>  memory mode.

Really cool !

BTW, do you need to modify the build file or some common header file
of JWDP Oliver? I'm  merging currect JDWP with Harmony Portlib and
nearly get finished (expect for a minor problem that portlib is lack
of useful select and process APIs as we already know when working on
NIO), and I may need to changing makefile and some SocketTransport and
TransportManager implementation. Please let me know if you also need
to modify such files so that we may not meet conflict. :)