harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Aleksey Shipilev" <aleksey.shipi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC] Appliance for harmony-gc-4 "Unify the native memory management of Harmony DRLVM"
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:52:30 GMT
Alexei,

I had addressed both of your issues in the updated proposal [1]:
 a. Added portlib pools as the candidate.
 b. Rephrased abstract a little, with emphasis on unifying.
 c. "Class-based service" added to improvements plan: service critical
customers like exception handlers, etc.
 d. "Wrapping malloc/free" added to improvements plan.

I want to thank you with the idea (d) - that's the way of moving
Classlib native code to UMM.

Xiao Feng, Andrey (Yakushev), can you please review?

Thanks,
Aleksey.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/general/AlekseyShipilev/GSoC2008/harmony-gc-4