harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Aleksey Shipilev" <aleksey.shipi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jdk-tool][gc] Is there Heap monitoring and profiling tools in Harmony
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 11:33:40 GMT
Right. I had a pleasant experience with TPTP not so long ago and it
worked with Harmony. Even though I've managed to run Harmony+TPTP only
in interpreter mode, the information I've gathered was really
valuable.

And so:
 1. (Xiao Feng's idea) -Xverbose:gc may give you an idea what's going
on with Java heap in general
 2. TPTP/HeapProfiler may give you pretty good insight down to exact
allocation sites, liveness info, rate of allocations and stuff
 3. Jitrino Internal profiler [1] may give you hints about allocations
too, and AFAIK you may run it even with aggressive optimizations

Thanks,
Aleksey.

[1] http://harmony.apache.org/subcomponents/drlvm/internal_profiler.html