harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Francis ANDRE <francis.an...@easynet.fr>
Subject Re: [general][build][WXP] updated msvc_2003 solution
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:56:37 GMT
Gregory

 > The problem with MSVC solutions is that they don't work out of the box
 > for VM. There are several reasons, one of them is that ant build creates
 > APR and LOG4CXX binaries from sources. MSVC solution doesn't include
May be it would be also useful to add an apr project, an apr-util project and a
log4cxx project based on the output of the ant -d build execution??

 > them. Possibly if we get rid of APR and LOG4CXX one day, we'll be able
 > to create a fully functional solution for VM.
For getting rid of APR and LOG4CXX, I would recommend to look seriously to the
PoCo packages. It is a free open source C++ portable components libraries set
which is portable on most standard Unix/Linux platform as well as Windows.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/poco

It has a smaller footprint than boost or the free Roguewave APR libraries and
provide a coherent set of functionalities (both in the system and non system areas)

Francis