harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: suggestion for GSoC'08 project
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 16:41:48 GMT
Hey, I wouldn't want to discourage you from a challenge, but you might
consider completing Java 5 for us before considering Java 6.

The Java 5 API completeness report is here [1].

Fruitful areas of work would include AWT drag and drop support, or
writing an RTF grammar for swing.text.rtf support.

There are also a number of providers that we could use if you want to
tackle some of these.

I hope we can find a mentor for you if you are interested in these
areas, and then we can publish a project that suits your wishes.

[1] http://people.apache.org/~smishura/latest-harmony-japi.html

Regards,
Tim