harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] jar application for harmony
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 15:32:37 GMT
Alexei Fedotov wrote:
> It's nice to see you here. Don't hesitate to ask your questions on the
> list. If Sian or Mark aren't online, someone else will try to answer.

I'll echo Alexei's welcome and comments.

At the broadest level, you are free to write the JAR tool in Java code,
using the regular class libraries, and it should behave as described
here [1].

Once you have a working Java application we can trivially create a
command-line tool from it.

For example, here's [2] the entry point for the appletviewer tool.

[1] http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/tooldocs/windows/jar.html
[2]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/harmony/enhanced/jdktools/trunk/modules/tools/src/main/java/org/apache/harmony/tools/appletviewer/Main.java?view=co

Regards,