harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Wim Vander Schelden <...@fixnum.org>
Subject Re: SSL connections and cacerts
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 13:37:19 GMT
Stepan Mishura wrote:
> It sounds like you used cacerts file (RI's?) that is in JSK format.
> This definitely doesn't work with Harmony because JKS is a Sun's
> proprietary standard [1]. You should provide cacerts file in
> PKCS12(IIRC) format. PKCS12 implemented in Bouncy Castle security
> provider and used by Harmony.

So the easiest way to do this would be by using the keytool included in
Harmony, I assume?
Will Harmony look at the cacerts file in the lib/security directory, or
do I need to instruct it to do
so somehow? And what password should I use for the keystore?

Is there a reason why such a file is not distributed with Harmony by
default?
> Thanks,
> Stepan.
Thanks for your help,