harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Rogers <rogers.em...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Write a graphical front-end for Harmony memory management
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 10:56:43 GMT
Xiao-Feng Li wrote:
> I don't know how Ian wants to roll out his RVM visualization proposal.
> Ian, do you plan to enhance GCspy with TuningFork idea or to migrate
> RVM to work with the TuningFork framework?

Hi Xiao Feng,

the proposal actually comes from Richard Jones [1] so I'd like to defer
to him. My experience of visualization in GCspy was that it was  a
little hard to get going. In the meantime tuning fork has been actively
maintained. My feeling is that migrating the RVM to work with tuning
fork would be a better idea than to breathe life back into GC spy's
visualization - but this is based on my limited experience.

Regards,
Ian

[1] http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/~rej