harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject [build] build error due to failing dependency zip (HARMONY-5609)
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2008 09:58:47 GMT
Sorry to bounce around, just bringing this back to the dev list...

Tharindu Mathew (JIRA) wrote:
> Yes I found another the same dependency duplicated at another
> location. Is there a way to make for Ant to look into multiple
> repositories when retrieving dependencies like maven2.
>
> Can Ant be structured in a more OOP way? Or has it been considered to
> switch to maven2 as the build system?

We are not about to switch to Maven, but it may be worth investigating
Apache Ivy for dependency management.

I think we actually have quite simple dependencies so not sure if we
need it (but I've not got much familiarity with Ivy).

Regards,
Tim