harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][luni] optimized InputStream reader (HARMONY-5522)
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 14:33:28 GMT
> Alexei Fedotov commented on HARMONY-5522:
>
> Tim,
> LBAInputStream is an unfinished prototype and is not ready to be
> committed. ByteStream.java should be committed instead. I have discussed
> ByteStream related limitations on the list [1], and failed to keep the
> JIRA updated. I suggested that once we would like to get rid of
> ByteStream limitations, we might want to finalize LBAInputStream
 >
> [1] http://markmail.org/message/vak2ewyckvtoxk3q

Yeah, I read that post, but what I'm missing is the proposed use you
will make of the ByteStream (or LBAInputStream).

I see the general idea of optimizing the retrieval of bytes from the
InputStream, but wonder if we can do better than grabbing them all then
doing a System#arraycopy (in ByteStream#readFully).

Can you paint the next part of the picture for me?

Regards,
Tim