harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [general][debug] how to debug harmony using vs?
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:19:49 GMT
Simon Chow said the following on 11.03.2008 15:14:
> I am not very familiar with vs.net. Is there guide for doing this?
> Should I use the executable file generated from ant build or
> vs.netsolution/project build for debugging?

I don't think that using project you can build a fully functional
runtime. Usually I open the project just for files/symbols lookup and
specify executable and command line options in the debug properties.
Then I start debugging _without_ rebuilding the project.

More often I use just-in-time debugging feature. When a process crashes
or hangs I attach MSVC to it from the crash dialog or using task manager.

--
Gregory