harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Website updated
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 17:08:26 GMT
Nadya Morozova wrote:
> Thanks for updating the site. I thought I could also do a couple of updates,
> and have several questions:
>
> 1. Do you think it'll make sense to add the link to JDocs to the  site map
> and the class libs index page, which is a sub-sitemap for JCL specific docs?

Yes, thank you -- that was an oversight on my part.  It should be in the
site map.

> 2. The menu now says:
> Documentation
> - API
> - Wiki
> - HDK
> - DRLVM
> - Class Libraries
> - Build-test framework
> Can we change that to something like the following?
> Documentation
> - API Reference OR - Java API

I prefer "API Reference" so we don't cause any confusion with the
official spec documentation.

> - Wiki
> - HDK page

'page' seems redundant.  Stepping back a moment, I wonder if HDK
deserves a link from the top-level page?

> - DRLVM index
> - Class Libs index

I prefer the originals.  While they are short they are primarily
targeted towards the Harmony developer, so we are comfortable with their
meaning.

Perhaps we need to distinguish a category for users/newcomers'
development documentation (like the API docs, getting started and source
code links) from others aimed at those with more detailed interest (like
the HDK guide, Build-test, etc).

Regards,
Tim