harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What tools are you guys using for c / c++ development?
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 10:24:32 GMT
周晓强 said the following on 04.03.2008 19:07:
> I tried to import the projects under working_vm into eclipse, but it didn't
> work. What tools are you guys using for vm devlopment? VIM + CTAGS?

I usually use Emacs + Emacs code browser (ECB [1], screenshots [2]) +
etags for heavy editing and vim for small changes. Both of them exist
both on windows and Linux. For debugging I use what's appropriate for
the platform, e.g MSVC on windows and gdb with Emacs frontend (sceenshot
[3]) on Linux.

Emacs takes some time to get used to but once you learn it well you
anything else is not powerful enough any more.

[1] http://ecb.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://ecb.sourceforge.net/screenshots/index.html
[3] http://www.inet.net.nz/~nickrob/gdb-ui.png

--