harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general][website] be careful updating Russian pages
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2008 15:12:55 GMT
Egor Pasko wrote:
> On the 0x3F7 day of Apache Harmony Tim Ellison wrote:
>> It sounds too easy for people to innocently do the wrong thing here.
> why?
> if you do not know Russian, you probably would not edit it. So, "svn
> diff" would tell you if characters in Russian text changed. And if
> they did, hey, the wrong thing was about to get in :)

If I change a style sheet, like adding the conference banner, or adding
a sidebar menu option, it will regenerate all the pages including the RU
ones.  So my model is usually to modify the xdocs and regen->checkin the
whole site.  The site regen for existing pages should be idempotent.

View raw message