harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <nbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] upgrade apr, apr-util to 1.2.12
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 00:57:23 GMT
On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 9:44 AM, Gregory Shimansky
<gshimansky@apache.org> wrote:
> On 29 марта 2008 Nathan Beyer wrote:
>  > On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 11:46 PM, Alexey Varlamov
>  >
>  > <alexey.v.varlamov@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > > 2008/3/28, Nathan Beyer <ndbeyer@apache.org>:
>  > > > Is there any specific reason we're still on apr/apr-util 1.2.6?
>  > >
>  > >  I guess the opposite, there were no specific reasons to upgrade so far.
>  >
>  > True, but it would be nice to eliminate custom patches, if possible.
>  >
>  > >  > I'm trying to get things running on Leopard and it seems 1.2.12 is
>  > >  > necessity. How do we want to approach such an upgrade?
>  > >
>  > >  Looking through APR patches if they're still actual/compatible and
>  > >  testing, the more the better - should be enough.
>  >
>  > Is anyone familiar with the current patches? Any specific tests that
>  > might be considered regression tests for those patches?
>
>  I created a patch for working_vm/make/resources/patches/apr/misc/win32/env.c.
>  The problem was with apr_env_get when the requested variable is defined but
>  has no value (empty string). APR used to treat it as an undefined variable.
>  The test exists in VM acceptance tests but it requires the system to have a
>  variable defined in such way (I encountered the bug on a new windows
>  installation with no printer, it had PRINTER variable defined as "").

Was this change made on top of 1.2.6 or a different version? This bit
of code seems to be the major difference between the patch and 1.2.12.

        if (size == 0)
            /* Mid-air collision?. Somebody must've changed the env. var. */
            return APR_INCOMPLETE;

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/make/resources/patches/apr/misc/win32/env.c?view=markup

This check doesn't exist in 1.2.12.