harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSOC2008] Application for harmony-swing-rtf
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 05:24:03 GMT
Just a few words in addition to that Alexei has already said.

> Implementation will fully cover functionality of Sun implementation of RTF parser, and,
if possible, supersede it adding support of latest versions of RTF specification.

Sun implementation most likely supports (or is a subset of) RTF v1.7
or below. So it probably make sense to set this spec. version as an
intermediate goal. Of course it depends on differences between 1.7 and
1.9 (222 pages of text vs. 283 pages). If differences are minimal then
we may probably avoid this step.

I also support Alexei's point 5: it would be nice if you can find some
RTFEditorKit demo somewhere. I heard that one of the Sun's standard
demos uses it but I was unable to find anything like this in JDK 1.5
demos. May be you'll be more lucky.

As for the rest of your proposal - IMO it looks good. So I'm +1 for submit.

Regards,
Alexei