harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: harmony-demo-1 proposal
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2008 13:42:19 GMT
Hi Tharindu,

Looks good in general. However, about these scenarios. Origianlly I
spent about two minutes creating them. So I don't think you should
treat it as something final and attach your proposal to it. IMO the
main idea here is just to show you have something to measure your
success. So I suggest to add a statement that the scenarios are not
finalized and is a subject ot change.

Regards,
Alexei

2008/3/30, Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com>:
> Tharindu,
>  Good job! Though it seems that there are yet things to be improved
>  about your application:
>
>  1. Deliverables section:
>  "The Harmony will be able to pass the following scenarios". Put
>  scenarios here. Link each scenario to the date when it should pass.
>  You may also try running these scenarios on Sun [1] and collect a list
>  of classes required for each scenario to pass. This would allow you
>  replacing "first phase" and "second phase" in your text with something
>  checkable such as a list of enabled cases.
>
>  2. Abstract and discussion sections:
>  One important thing about impact is missed: you are improving the
>  graphical libraries which hardly pass any tests (name a percentage of
>  excluded unit tests) to the functional state.
>
>  [1] Here how the estimate could be completed:
>
>  The list of classes for the first screen (I launched application and
>  pressed Quit, then Yes).
>  $ cd freecol
>  $ java -Xmx128m -verbose:class -jar FreeCol.jar >first_screen.txt
>
>  Replace dot in a class name with
>  $ awk '{ print $2 }' first_screen.txt | sed -e 's/\./\//g'
>  >first_screen_conv.txt
>
>  Select classes which are not properly tested and may prove a problem:
>  $ egrep 'awt|swing' /c/temp/freecol/first_screen_conv.txt | while read
>  entry; do fgrep "$entry" modules/awt/make/* modules/swing/make/*; done
>  | tee excludes.txt

<snip>