harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code and Harmony
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 10:50:21 GMT
To get an insight what does RTF look like you may open Windows
Wordpad, type "Hello world!" there, save it as RTF file and then open
this saved file in hex editor.

To get more information I agree that Wikipedia's page Nathan has
mentioned is a good starting point. You may follow the links to RTF
specifications at the bottom the page. As far as I understand RI
(Reference Implementation - i.e. Sun JRE) has limited RTF support and
most likely the supported RTF specification version is 1.7 or below. I
think we need to perform black-box testing of RI's implementation to
determine the exact RTF features that are currently supported.
However, nothing prevents us from making better RTF implementation
that currently RI has.

Regards,
Alexei