harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code and Harmony
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 17:20:31 GMT
Let me give a little bit more explanations about the tasks I've just
mentioned. Just in case if not all words in titles are familiar to
you. Let's take RTF parser. This is about:

- General methods of compiler design
- Grammars, different types of grammars, how to write grammars and all about it
- What is scanner, what is parser, architecture of typical compiler
- Various kinds of compile generators, Java-oriented compile
generators, what is it, how to use it
- RTF format from Microsoft for cross-platform document interchange;
what is it, its internals
- Java Swing core principles; how Swing-based program is organized

Hope it will help.

Thanks,
Alexei