harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code and Harmony
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 15:58:27 GMT
Hi Aleksey,

Thank you for your interest in our harmony-demo-1 project.

>  the new development, required for FreeCol, I want to focus on checking
>  and developing unit tests. The list [2] shows many excluded unit tests
>  to be fixed.

IMO this is too long way. Enabling such a big Swing app is a difficult
task by itself, and three months is a rather aggressive time
constraint. So IMO it is better to concentrate on FreeCol itself
trying to enable it step by step. IMO you won't have enough time to
enable all Swing test in addition to FreeCol - it is too big work.
However, if you like tests so much you can probably change the focus
of your project from FreeCol to tests and create the corresponding
proposal.

BTW, taking into account we already have another person who like to
participate in FreeCol enabling, probably you can be interested in
other Swing/AWT related areas like
  - RTF parser implementation, part of Swing, not implemented
  - Drag'n'Drop, part of Swing, not implemented
?

I'm not insisting, just like to inform you there are other tasks in
the same area.

Regards,
Alexei