harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [gsoc] Time for mentors to register
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 14:58:11 GMT
AFAIU there is no committer currently assigned with FreeCol on Harmony
initiative. So I'd like to add myself to the list of mentors if no one
objects. So there will be two mentors for this project: me and Alexei
F.

I remembers my early student days when I was spending many hours on
playing the original Colonization game from Sid Meier... And I'm glad
that the game is still alive and there are people who are ready to
contribute their time on improving and even making sequels.

BTW the task itself looks quite ambitious since as far as I understand
FreeCol is not able to run even on OpenJDK due to some font rendering
problems. And our implementation of Swing/AWT is currently far from
perfect. However, it is well known that 'quitters never win'. So lets
try to do this.
:-)

With Best Regards,
Alexei