harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nataly Naumova" <natalya.s.naum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][startup][performance][classloader] mapping bootstrap jars directly into memory (HARMONY-5281)
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 10:42:21 GMT
Tim,

I've measured the startup performance for simple applications, speedup
was ~2-3% on simple graphics aplication with lots of AWT/SWING
classes. But I think the idea is quite pretty, because of we get rid
of a big amount of system calls, such as lseek, read etc. As we're
working just with pointers directly.

--
Nataly Naumova,
Intel Middleware Products Division