harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [drlvm] upgrade apr, apr-util to 1.2.12
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2008 14:44:09 GMT
On 29 марта 2008 Nathan Beyer wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 11:46 PM, Alexey Varlamov
>
> <alexey.v.varlamov@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2008/3/28, Nathan Beyer <ndbeyer@apache.org>:
> > > Is there any specific reason we're still on apr/apr-util 1.2.6?
> >
> >  I guess the opposite, there were no specific reasons to upgrade so far.
>
> True, but it would be nice to eliminate custom patches, if possible.
>
> >  > I'm trying to get things running on Leopard and it seems 1.2.12 is
> >  > necessity. How do we want to approach such an upgrade?
> >
> >  Looking through APR patches if they're still actual/compatible and
> >  testing, the more the better - should be enough.
>
> Is anyone familiar with the current patches? Any specific tests that
> might be considered regression tests for those patches?

I created a patch for working_vm/make/resources/patches/apr/misc/win32/env.c.
The problem was with apr_env_get when the requested variable is defined but
has no value (empty string). APR used to treat it as an undefined variable.
The test exists in VM acceptance tests but it requires the system to have a
variable defined in such way (I encountered the bug on a new windows
installation with no printer, it had PRINTER variable defined as "").

--
Gregory