harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [general][debug] how to debug harmony using vs?
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:51:44 GMT
On 11 March 2008 Simon Chow wrote:
> Thanks!
> Is 'debugging _without_ rebuilding' a property can be set or just close the
> rebuild warning dialog?

You can check checkbox to never ask you again or always press No to rebuild
the project.

> And more question :)
> how can I set the breakpoint after the program is running?

Usually all breakpoints set in sources that are used to run binary build work
ok. So you can set them before running a process in MSVC. You can also
interrupt a running process (Debug->Break All) and set new breakpoints at any
moment.

For just in time debugging you can use _CrtDbgBreak() function defined in
crtdbg.h. In debug mode this function is equivalent to int3 and will
interrupt a running process. Then you can step over it to debug the process
from the interrupted position. In release mode this function is a no-op.

--
Gregory