harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Architecture Questions - Moving to JreLite
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 08:45:06 GMT

On 4 March 2008 at 13:49, "Pavel Pervov" <pmcfirst@gmail.com> wrote:
> Johnny,
>
> see inline.
>
> On 3/4/08, Johnny Kewl <john@kewlstuff.co.za> wrote:
>
> > ICU?
> > (Unicode... its too big to be good)
> Which ICU? ICU4J is class library implementation of locales. ICU4JNI
> is used by DRLVM for verifying java identifiers.

Pavel,

Is that right?  I thought DRLVM only used ICU4C and that now that
classlib only uses ICU4J that nothing needed ICU4JNI[0].

I thought that DRLVM only used the u_isalpha and u_isalnum functions
from ICU4C.  I assume it isn't possible to use the "standard" iswalpha
and iswalnum instead?

-Mark.

[0] I notice that we still included the real version of the ICUInterface
    dll in the M5 binaries but I'm pretty sure nothing should need it.
    Even the empty stub dll (in classlib) is only needed to keep the IBM
    VME happy.