harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject [general] Debian packages of M5
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 08:22:29 GMT

I've placed debian packages for M5 at:

  http://people.apache.org/~hindessm/debian/

They were created[0] with minimal, pristine copies of debian stable for
x86 and x86_64 and some very minor modifications[1] to the M5 federation
build.

I am certain that the runtime package dependencies aren't complete - in
particular the awt runtime dependencies where we would have to depend
on -dev packages which is a bad thing for a runtime - but the build
dependencies are because otherwise the packages would not build.

Now I have the package build process down to something that is simple to
reproduce (script) I plan to try to achieve the same thing for testing
the packages in a similarly minimal, pristine environment so that, for
M6, I be certain the runtime dependencies are correct too.

-Mark.

[0] I'll document the process on the wiki (or perhaps as a script in svn)
    when I get a moment but it uses pdebuild with dancer's copy-on-write
    chroot build system - cowbuilder

[1] I'll clean these up and check them in shortly.  Most of the
    modifications were related to the fact that the packages are built
    using the source tar.gz (without .svn files) and building this
    way doesn't correctly set the svn.revision property mostly due to
    a simple typo.  Of course, strictly speaking all of our binary
    artifacts should be built this way.