harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [Portlib]Moving Portlib to the top-level of Harmony? (was: [General]Should we make portlib a separate component)
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 11:26:04 GMT

Though it adds a few steps to the setup process for new developers, I
think we should move to the model used for common_resources by drlvm.
That is, require the user to checkout drlvm and common_resources and
provide a -Dcommon.resources.loc=path option to the drlvm ant build
(if there isn't a common_resources directory in the default place -
../common_resources).[0]

This means that there is only one copy in the federated build and that
those working on (for example) classlib and jdwp can also use only a
single copy.

Regards,
 Mark.

[0] We should change classlib to use common_resources like this too
    rather than have it's own depends system.  In a momemnt of madness I
    think I might have said I'd do this.