harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general][website] be careful updating Russian pages
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2008 20:04:21 GMT
On the 0x3FA day of Apache Harmony Nathan Beyer wrote:
> Here's the change I made -
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=628236.

yes, you can see from the patch that Russian text has changed in many
places where was not intended to. So, "svn diff" helped to see
that. This way I kind of proposed the way how one can make sure if
their changes is OK for Russian. Using this technique it is not "too
easy for people to innocently do the wrong thing here".

So I do not see the reason of making it completely automatic (since
looking at svn diff is generally a good practice). Automation would be
like put a non-visible test string to the header of each Russian page
and verify that the diff does not contain it. Is it easy?

But the situation is awkward, I agree.

--
Egor Pasko