harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building Harmony on Ubuntu 7.10
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2008 17:40:49 GMT
On the 0x416 day of Apache Harmony Senaka Fernando wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks to the valuable discussions on this list I was able to successfully
> build Harmony on Ubuntu 7.10 in less than a day. Below are some of my
> experiences.
>
> 1. Requirement of ant-optional

is this one really necessary? I do not have it installed and see no
problem on Ubuntu 6, did not try on 7-10 yet. What is the error
message?

> 2. Requirement of setting ANT_OPTS even on Ubuntu
> 3. Xerces distribution at given download target is faulty
> 4. Need to separately checkout log4cxx
> 5. Need to install package libxtst-dev

updated it on the website, in prerequisites, expect the update to take
effect soon.

everyone: I think, it is nice to put the link to DevConfiguration
howtos from the Getting Started For Contributors [1]. Or move the wiki
to separate page(s). What is better?

[1] http://harmony.apache.org/quickhelp_contributors.html

--
Egor Pasko