harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] GSoC 2008 Refactor Java Bytecode Translator
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 09:51:57 GMT
On the 0x411 day of Apache Harmony Okonechnikov Konstantin wrote:
> If we need to exclude simplification from IRBuilder, is it OK to use it? I
> mean IRBuilder should be only modified or this functionality should be
> written from scratch?

Yes, for the IRBuilder reimplementation is not required. We need to
move the simplification functionality out of the IRBuilder and make
IRBuilder usable to create instructions in HLO.

> And one more question: is there any specification of HIR, HIR <-> Java
> bytecode correspondence?

No, we do not have a spec. This is bad.

For now you can refer to Opcode.cpp to see the full instructions in
HIR and, yes, you will have to look into the JavaByteCodeTranslator to
see how HIR instructions are generated from bytecode instructions.

As for your application form, I am looking into it, sorry for taking
so long.

--
Egor Pasko