harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Visualizing JreLite
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 04:48:03 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Egor Pasko" <egor.pasko@gmail.com>
To: <dev@harmony.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 11:31 PM
Subject: Re: Visualizing JreLite

>> There will be certified (well known servers), these are precoded into
>> the JRELite bootstrap....
>> If a third party wants to add a well known server, they need to ask....
>> (now
>> my
>> imagination is taking off ha ha) google can allocate
>> a specific site (I have a feeling they will be interested ;) for the
>> JreLite
>> bootstrap... if someone wants to add a server, they have to
>> ask IGI (IntelGoogleIbm) for permission for it to be added.... this means
>> that if a server fails, the JreLiteBoot or JVM Resolver
>> can retry a few servers before giving up....
>> (now my imagination is flying) ... the servers contain PURE JAVA
>> classes...
>> BUT, if an organization wants to add more API
>> to the server... say the ability for a programmer to program 911 calls
>> into
>> their programs... then IGI has to approve them
>> .... an so the world is safe ;)
>
> they approve what? do "they" need to approve each binary release of
> each package? make sure there are no viruses, troyans, spyware?

Only if someone wanted to append to or change the API, would that become an
issue.
Thats not so strange... phone Sun up and ask them to include your game Api
in the JRE... you'll get the picture.

The guardians of the API, have to be there... but remember, these servers do
NOT hold your application, they holding
the core API.... they have to be there, they (IGI) spend millions setting up
servers, and so they get the priviledge of guarding the API..
So that someone cant make System.out... format a hardrive... so yes at that
level they guarding everything...

But dont think the screwed up symbian model that makes people pay for
applications, you know, if they dont sign, it doesnt run.
In this scheme... the application is free, and it can be ANYWHERE.... its
*not* on the delivery servers, "java" is.

Except this will be J(V8 Turbo Charged)SE ;)